Thursday, April 19, 2012

Flake Ass People




Excuse me for going off on this little tangent. It actually felt like it was gonna be a soapbox rant but I'm gonna keep this shit brief

How many times have you given someone the benefit of the doubt when they don't come through? Or don't do the things they say they're going to do?

"Yeah, I'll meet you at the spot around 9!" "Dude, I'll watch your dog while you're away." "I'm gonna drop it in the mail after work."

When you count on someone to do shit and on a consistent basis they don't do it, when do you separate the person from the deed? I contend that you don't.

A muthafucka who does flaky shit is a flake. It's time to call a spade a spade.

We are surrounded by flakes that we explain away by saying shit like "That's just Johnny". Maaannn, fuck Johnny! Grow up, Johnny! Do what the fuck you said you'd do, Johnny!

"Yeah, I got your message, but shit kept coming up. Sorry."

I'm ready to purge all flakes before the new year. If we're cool, you'll return that call in a timely fashion. If we're cool, you'll show up when you say you're gonna show up. If we're cool, you'll fuckin' follow through. I'm not asking you to do any more than WHAT YOU SAY YOU'LL DO. If you're not gonna do it, don't fuckin' say it!

"I just flaked out". Word... I'm sure there are many areas in which you're downright dependable and efficient. I'm sure those are the things that benefit your own flaky ass, which means your overall flakiness is an act of aggression.

So, I contend it's time to stop separating the flaky act from the person and call it like it is. Fuck the flakes.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm this applies to a few people I know. Im with you... F#*k the flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "I just flaked" nonsense is just absolute bullshit. That's something that I would take from a friend once.....and once only.

    Recently I met one of my wife's cousins for the first time.......nice guy. Well he was traveling on business and he asked one of his long time friends to look after his condo. Not do anything mind you, just look in on his cats since he'd be out of town for a week. He didn't have to feed them, empty litter (since they have one of those fancy no touch systems)......nothing. He didn't have to do anything. But what he did do is go once and just on his computer.......and he ended up shutting one of his cats up in his computer room when he closed the door. Long story short, the cat stayed locked up in that room without food or water for a week. By the time my wife's cousin returned the cat was almost dead. Although the cat survived, my cousin's relationship with his friend didn't. We rely on our friends sometimes and sometimes they need to have our backs.

    Dude.......it's been awhile.

    ReplyDelete